Sunday 6 July 2008

Emirates Stadium panorama








Photoshopping is pretty cool, once you get the hang of it.

I went out to shoot local landmarks one summer's evening, and this was the most spectacular of the panorama's I shot. This is comprised of nine horizontally-overlapping shots taken with the Canon 350, using the 24-105 EP lens at 24 mm focal length; it was ISO 100, hand-held, autofocus and all images shot RAW. I chose one of the longest days of the year (18 Jun '07), and these shots were taken at about 20.30 h, facing away from the sunset. The final 'psd' file is 216 Mb, and was shrunk down to 72 x 20 cm for printing at about three feet long, at 240 dpi.
Obviously the image is of a sporting venue. I spend time there doing First Aid (for the 60,000 punters) on all the home matches - about thirty matches per season. This image has been printed four times now, twice for a local restaurant, once for the greengrocer (a life-long Arsenal fan) and now once more for a young lad who is soccer-mad (I've told him to sign up to be a steward - that way he gets paid to see the matches).
i am very pleased indeed with this image, and am doubly-pleased as it has been mastered in Photoshop, which can be notoriously difficult to use 'correctly'. For example, trying to get a precise 'overlap' when printing the same image onto two pages is awkward, until logic takes over.
Any comments are much appreciated. I shot this a year ago, but it is still good enough to be one of my best, out of the 600 panoramae I've created using digital media.

No comments: