Monday 26 January 2009

What if it wasn't a harmless lost parcel . . .?



So what would you do when the guy in front of you on the Underground train says " Whose parcel is that ?".

It's sitting abandoned on the window ledge, about 300 x 300 mm, tied with a ribbon. We are stopped in Bond Street station; a woman picks it up and gives it a good shake.
I ask "Is it yours ?"; she says "No." I peer out the carriage door, there's no staff on the deserted northbound Jubilee line platform. i step off, and punch the big green 'Emergency' button. A voice I cannot hear hisses metallically; I say where I am and what I've seen. I cannot hear what he or she is saying, but that is that. I get on the next train and get to work a few minutes late.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi there!
I'm just out blog walking and happend upon you.
You know.. I probably wouldn't have thought anything about the ownerless package. Things like that rarely cross my mind.

I was looking at your other posts and noticed the one about the athiests advertising. They are talking about doing that here in Toronto too.... Hey, it's bound to get a reaction I suppose.

Great blog you have here! Keep up the great work!
Take care,
Laura