Sunday 8 February 2009

I sold three snow photos . . .















The restaurant next door, last Monday morning. No-one sat out there, all day . . .

















This was the day when absolutely none of the 12,000 London buses left their garages. So with all the cars parked up, did anyone get to work on Monday ?
























This was the one I liked best, with the small zone of focus. The squeezed-up distance shows far too many, all identical, cars. it looks like a sepia image, except for the blue scaffolding in the distance.

This, of course, is my road in central london, after the heaviest snowfall since 1991. Back then, I took 35 mm. film shots with a Minolta compact camera. And I walked to work in the West End, about three miles through the snow; no chance I was getting on my bike that week.
These shots were taken with a Canon 350 DSLR, using the 24-105 mm. f4 lens. My customer wanted them printed A-3. They look just fine, mounted on plain card and stuck on his wall.

No comments: