Sunday 12 April 2009

That lovely MacBook Pro has left, to start a new life . . .



Well, I learned to love that MacBook Pro. But I've let it go today. It's gone to start a new life with an ex-pat who has had her laptop nicked. She has no interest in photography, but I guess there's folks out there who just want a reliable, sexy little computer, which does things 100 times better than a PC ever was designed to do.

I'm desktop-publishing on my ancient AJP laptop, six years old and incredibly slow, but just hanging in there, with Photoshop and the Internet. Tomorrow I pick up my 'new' second-hand MacBook Pro, just like the last one but with larger RAM and a faster processor. And a back-lit LED screen, in place of the very nice indeed TFT screen. Still the same 1440 x 900 display. Not quite as sleek as the brand-new glass-screen 17" MacBook's, but considerably cheaper. And still 100 times better than . . .

No comments: