Sunday 18 May 2008

Staring out the window . . .










Staring out the window at the racing clouds yesterday afternoon really helped me to focus. I was trying to plan the photo-shoot for college for this coming Tuesday; this morning I took some test-shots using the lace fabric and this morning's model was the ever-helpful Annette.
The photo here is off the 'Net, and is a facsimile of the original. The lighting is the tricky bit. light from in front through the lace, light evenly across the face, and of course the model there was the extraordinarily beautiful Gloria Swanson. The original shot was taken by Edward Steichen in 1924 and it appeared in Vanity Fair magazine.

1 comment:

Don said...

I click on a picture and I get the same pic moves to the top left. I expect to go to eleven pics.