Sunday 19 October 2008

Down and out in a cheap supermarket . . .


Yep, I went shopping this afternoon. I only needed a few things, not a big shop.

And I stopped at Lidl. It is not new, but boy oh boy is it ever cheap . . .
Everything in the shop is a loss-leader, by the look of it. There are no frills whatsoever. I spent six pounds, and if I’d gone to Morrison’s (another ten minutes walk farther) it would have easily cost ten quid. So, that’s four quid I didn’t spend. If I did that every other day, I’d have, let’s see, about . . . . hmmm… by the end of the month.
That explains why there’s always a parade of Lidl’s shopping bags down my local high street (Blackstock Road) at going-home time. Are there Lidl’s where you go ??

1 comment:

gee said...

be careful in italy people died eating lidl products this year