Tuesday 18 November 2008

I passed . . .



After a really busy day at college, I went to the local St John Ambulance office this evening and re-took my First Aid. It hadn't lapsed, but there's a new regimen whereby one 're-validates' the certificates annually, rather than every three years.

And, I was offered to re-take my Advanced Skills, which I did do again. And I passed it all. I am chuffed. I am again a fully-fledged Advanced Skills First Aid person, but it's got to be renewed again in one year.

it's all about helping to keep a casualty well enough until they get to hospital if they are seriously ill. So, I can do the defillibration (electric shock to the heart) and administer medical gases( usually oxygen), which is really useful if the casualty doesn't have a pulse, or has difficulty breathing. So, well done me !

No comments: