Sunday 23 August 2009

Leibovitz may lose all her photos . . .














I love her story, her enthusiasm, her career trajectory, and her images. Leibovitz is one of my culture heroes, and I followed what she did from when she worked for Rolling Stone . . . I went to her retrospective at the National Portrait Gallery here in London last year and, well she just couldn't be bigger or better.

BUT, she may be about to lose it all, including title to her life's work, if the media are to be believed. I read about her in the Sunday Times today, you can too at

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/celebrity/article6806363.ece

It all sounds like royalty gone mad, wild extravagence leading to ruin . . . there are some great one-liner quotes, and overall the tone of the article is well-researched . . . I'm sure there's more to follow, as it ends in September, with Leibovitz and the loan company in court . . .

No comments: