Wednesday 3 September 2008

Before & After ECG's



The top ECG shows my heart rhythm at rest the morning of the 'procedure' (operation, to you and I). Blood Pressure BEFORE was something like 130 over 90.




The bottom ECG shows my heart rhythm within an hour after the successful procedure. Blood Pressure was something like 120 over 73 after the procedure.

To put this in some type of perspective, before I went to hospital my blood pressure was something like 155 over 97. It meant that my heart was working a lot harder BEFORE, just to do the same job, pumping blood around. Lower blood pressure means a more relaxed heart. And, the big picture about blood pressure is at http://new-you.tv/portal/web/new-you/high_blood_pressure?gclid=CIrQmaagv5UCFQ6HMAodWjUSRg , courtesy of the nice people at British Heart Foundation.

No comments: