Thursday 18 September 2008

Life doesn't wait . . .

Gosh, six hours to re-write my CV and send it off on the WorldWideWeb to various teaching supply agencies here in London. Then it was Barry from the Sobell Sports Centre who wanted permission to quote from my letter to the local borough councillors, in his meeting about possible re-furbishment for the due-to-be-demolished centre (see earlier blog).

It was a beautiful day, sunny and mild, and I watched it through the glass. I then had to sort out the usual work references and a character reference, just as soon as the agencies rang me back. Big lentil lunch (several bowls, I've got to finish a kilo of them by tomorrow !).

I sorted through a mountain of un-filed paperwork (amazing how it covers the entire desk when you look away for a couple of weeks), and that will get put into files tomorrow.

It was seven miles cycling around the local park in ninety minutes on Sunday past. Today it was five miles in forty-five minutes; I stopped a lot on Sunday, and didn't pedal hard on the down-slopes. I didn't stop at all and I DID pedal on the down-slopes today. That's the difference, and, the hamstrings are OK.

Tomorrow it's Aerobics at the Sobell Centre (nope, I haven't bought a leotard yet !). Later it's a visit to the two photo exhibitions at Homerton hospital. I'm taking a photographer around, as he's interested in the unique opportunity to see two amateur collections in such an unusual setting as a hospital. And, you'll see from reading my earlier blog on these just how much I like what's on display. You still have time to see them, as the one in the Education building is there until November, and as far as I know there's no time limit on the other in the 'Chapel' corridor.

In quiet moments I remember that I've got homework from college (this week it's choose a photo you like, and be ready to speak about it for
T E N minutes . . .
yikes . . . I MAY use the Gloria Swanson photo from the Vanity Fair collection, as I know it pretty well, and I made a beautiful re-creation of it last term (the beautiful model Katarina helped quite a bit with that . . .).

In many ways I am very happy indeed to be too busy . . . it was rather dull just sitting quietly reading a book and waiting for my convalescence to speed up. Was that only four weeks ago ??



I am even looking forward to cycling when the weather gets horrible, as I have done that many times in the past . . . I reckon the 'bad hair' day cycling is when you have a puncture in the rush-hour in the rain . . . I haven't had that misfortune for ten years, but then I've not been on the bike much until recently . . .

No comments: