Wednesday 29 July 2009

FABULOUS ART DECO de la Warr Pavilion










You can read all about it at

http://www.dlwp.com/building/

I went with the Islington Art Society on Saturday, and yes, it's lovely. I used to be a builder, and knew a bit about Art Deco. Last year, when our class went to the Brighton Biennale, I think the de la Warr was a venue for one of the exhibitions, but I never went as it's about six miles from Brighton. I should have gone then, shouldn't I have . . .

I used the Canon EOS 350 DSLR with the 24-105 constant f4 lens. Exposures were from 1/30th to 1/800th second. The weather was the best, and the light was crisp. A swift warm breeze capped it all. These images are, of course, shrunk for the blog, but are also panoramae made in 'photomerge' in Adobe; the 24 mm lens was incapable of capturing the width of the building shapes and contours, up close . . . I was only there for an hour, but I'll find a reason to go back . . . yes, there was also a Joseph Beuys exhibition, pretty interactive and wonderful in its own way . . .


No comments: