Wednesday 29 July 2009

SERPENTINE - What a place . . .






















Yes, I know, I'm supposed to be checking out photographic exhibitions in London, but there I was next to the Serpentine Gallery in Hyde Park, and I discovered Jeff Koons. He uses aluminium cast and made to look like inflatable beach toys, and his paintings are in oil, but look EXACTLY like a screen print having JUST THE CORRECT DEFINITION to be an inkjet print. it's on until September, but don't sneeze in there; it's tiny and you're about two inches from each exhibit . . .














It's a pavilion at The Serpentine Gallery, and its been designed by Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa, of SANAA. I saw it through the gallery window, and fell in love. Reflective undersides, and a varying ceiling height make it a whole lot of fun for kids and everyone wanting a wild photo standing next to themselves. See what you think . . .

http://www.serpentinegallery.org/

No comments: